Wednesday, July 18, 2012

"Writers' block" is potentially my least favorite combination of two words in the English language. Mostly because it sucks and is totally a real thing, and secondly because it sounds like the most pretentious problem that does not actually exist. However, I have watched Whip It roughly (read: precisely) four times in the last three days and I know I just need to live my dreams and put on skates and punch someone or something. THANK YOU, DREW BARRYMORE.

That being said, it appears that the dreams I'm looking to live are blogging in a coffee shop at 9 AM after talking to a homeless guy about pavement quality (his opinion: Milwaukee's is low) and waking up involuntarily at 5:30 in a pool of sweat. These dreams are apparently the most easily attainable.

Since I know everyone has been checking the internet every day to see if I contributed more to it, here is a brief list of updates in bulleted list form.

-Turned another year older
-Went back to New Orleans, where I potentially ruined my organs BUT also went to more than one goth bar so I think that healed me
-Listened to a Gotye song that's not "Somebody I Used To Know" and it went pretty well
-Hexed way too many people, usually on accident (sorry)
-Scowled at cameras to varying degrees, usually wearing sunglasses
-Scowled a lot off camera, smiled sometimes as well
-Lived without air conditioning or internet, like a real plebeian
-Got bullied by a 10-year-old :(
-Abused the phrase/word/whatever-the-shit "YOLO" is
-Reluctantly watched every new True Blood episode even though I genuinely have no concept of what is going on. If anyone gets it and wants to help a girl out, let me know. I'm serious.
-Googled "where is rack city" more than once; results still inconclusive 
-Made an evil Sim; it's going really well
-Probably hung out with friends or something
-Ate a shameful amount of Cheetos Puffs (pronounced "poofs" as we all know)
-Watched the three Harry Potter movies I have on my computer way more times than I'd like to discuss. Not having internet at home is bleak for those of us who rely on downloading everything/Netflix

I think that covers the highlights. Did you miss me? But for real, I'm working on a more substantial post. Until then, get super pumped that your life is likely more eventful than mine, minus my new hobo friend, and LIVE YOUR DREAMS, KIDDOS. xoxo, Drew Barrymore

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete