Sunday, December 2, 2012

A Timely Review: The OC 01x09 "The Heights"

There are spoilers, you guys!!

Episode 9, Season 1. Back to school at Harbor High!!! It's Ryan's first day at his new school with all the ~*rich kids*~ so that's like, REALLY stressful for him. Marissa is torn between her cheating ex Luke and the ever-brooding Ryan. Seth Cohen is doing something adorable. Sandy Cohen's eyebrows are there.

Sandy Cohen w/ his eyebrows

This episode, like every episode, really enlightens the view to teen dramas/struggles that every teen realistically goes through as a teen. I remember when my environmental lawyer dad had to sue my mom's wealthy construction firm and they fought about it and it was really weird.

The above portion was a comedy joke pointing out how The OC is not relatable on many levels to 98% of the population. However, whenever the Anna/Seth/Summer love triangle is taking place I find myself shouting at the TV like a Jerry Springer audience member or doing this a lot. I just... I feel Anna so hard on this one, y'all. Like, I GET that Seth and Summer are "meant for each other" and when Adam Brody and Rachel Bilson broke up in '06 I knew true love wasn't real, but Anna is my GIRL. Nerdy teen girl who gets friend-zoned by a cute nerdy guy? Been there, girl, BEEN THERE. The amount of times I have thought "DON'T CRY ANNA YOU DESERVE SO MUCH BETTER COHEN DOESN'T GET IT!" is greater than twelve, pretty easily. Just WAIT from my review on the Christmukkah episode, coming sometime in the next year or two, or whenever I drink a bottle of wine and watch The OC as part of my observation of "Sad Sunday" again (read: next Sunday??).

Ugh, let's be real, Anna KISSES Seth at the carnival thing in this episode and he thinks she is still trying to help him get Summer. Um, no, you dumb ass. Also, Seth giving her his prize (a sock monkey aw) probably made the rest of her night terrible because she was pining. No, I'm NOT projecting my own experiences and feelings onto this show that is a really rude assumption thanks but no thanks.

What I'm saying is, fuck Seth Cohen. Anna forever. Some other things happened in this episode probably but whatever.

Holy shit this is actually a shot from the right episode. The research department did a really great job at getting this. The entire staff of this blog is so proud!!! ANNA YOU MY GIRL THO.

1 comment: