Saturday, May 7, 2011

an Explanation

SO. I haven't posted in almost exactly a month, and I feel somewhat obligated to offer some sort of explanation for my absence, even if I am the only one who has noticed (a great possibility). Thus begins my first and potentially one of the only actually kind of serious posts that shall ever grace this blog.

In short, this semester has been a killer. A huge reason I started this blog was to form a diversion against how I've been feeling, but, alas, mental ailments tend to win. I was diagnosed with Major Depressive Disorder a couple of months ago, and have been seeking treatment since. Basically, I am doing much better and this is hardly a situation that needs any sympathy. I am taking the appropriate steps to getting better, I have a solid support system, and the semester is almost over. All-in-all, things are looking up.

I have finals this next week, but I am not too terribly overwhelmed since I did have to drop two of my courses as I've been dealing with my illness. After this week, I am going home for about a week for some relaxation and family time before my summer in Minneapolis actually begins!

It'll be another slow couple of weeks on the ol' blog, but I hope to be posting much more regularly throughout the summer.

POSTS TO LOOK FORWARD TO:
-An analysis of who my neighbor actually is based on their music choices (claims to be 20-something woman, likely is a 40-something flamboyantly gay man)
-An analysis on who my neighbor probably thinks I am based on my music choices (claims to be 19-yr-old young woman, actually is your dad)
-My fervent argument on why Parks and Recreation is the best show on television
-Meal choices when going to the grocery store is too much work (hint: are all peanut butter-based)
-AND MORE!!!!

So, stay tuned, kids. I'm done being serious, and have a LOT of thoughts and feelings and all those aforementioned topics. Get ready.

P.S. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!
(Don't forget to call your moms.)

1 comment: