Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Keep it Together

This week has been a long one. I have been in sort of a funk lately, and motivation has been low all-around. (I probably mentioned that last time around... I promise it's not a life theme, yikes.) Today was a fantastic change of pace, though! The weather was absolutely gorgeous and I was able to bust out my Birks. Instead of sitting in the office at work all afternoon I got to post flyers around campus and enjoy the sun as well. To add to today's goodness, Mama Roy is coming up to visit Saturday and Sunday, so I very much look forward to that.

If there's one thing I'll miss about winter, it's having a chilly apartment at night. This probably seems like an odd thing to miss, and it probably is, but I would prefer a cold room to go to sleep in. That being said, I'm writing this from my bed which currently has: two comforters, two fleece throw blankets, and one Packer snuggie. I have three more throw blankets ready to go between my futon, under-bed storage, and my car. (Emergency picnics/when my car breaks down on winter country night drives.) I am prepared for all sorts of snuggle-type scenarios with a variety of blankets. As it warms up, I have to put more blankets away, leading to various degrees of pouting on my part. However, considering this is the only thing I like about winter, I'll say goodbye to my barely-appropriate-in-any-season amount of blankets and welcome the warmth.

In an effort to make this post not entirely about a 50 degree day (I'm in Minnesota and that's a heat wave, cut me some slack), I'll mention my weekend adventure to La Crosse. I stayed with my friend Allison and got to enjoy the company of some friends from high school I haven't seen in a long time. Some serious truth circle went down, and there were only minor injuries. Note: If you're trying to physically roll out of a conversation to obtain pizza, be careful. Very rarely is any pizza worth spilling any blood over. All in all, a very successful weekend. The pizza in question was worth the injury, in case you were concerned.

Not from this weekend. Mostly for a context photo of Allison and I being ladylike.

CONCLUSION: My April is off to a solid start, and I hope yours is as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment